i have a terrible short term memory. its only been recently (in the last few years) that its been this bad. im not sure if i just naturally have a bad memory, or if im subconsciencly blocking things out.

see, i have a tendency to forget about anything bad thats happened to me during the day. it started getting worse when my dad was diagnosed with luekemia last year. this was extremly emotionally traumatic for me, and im wondering if thats playing any role.

but its not only just bad things i cant remember; i cant remember movies, what ive done during the day, if ive left things on. i really cant remember a lot. sometimes i have a vague recolection of whats happened but as i said, its vague.

im wondering if anyone knows what can help this, or is anyone has this problem?

thanks for the help!

The same thing started happening to me last year, and it got worse and worse. I saw my doctor, a therapist, and a psychologist. Turns out I had severe depression. My memory is slightly better, but I've found if I keep a journal of discussions I have with people that I think may be important it seems to help me remember a lot more than just that.