I'm 20 years younger..does he like me?

Hey everyone!

I am new to these boards but after reading many posts I have learned how helpful everyone can be. Here's my story, any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am a twenty one year old female and I currently belong to a community theatre group. I am very close to the founders and we are very much like a family. With every show we meet new and different people. This current show I met a man who is twenty years older than I am. Although I noticed that he was attractive, I did not really think anything of it. However, after about 3 months and tons of rehearsals we have become quite close. At rehearsals we sit together and talk for extensive periods of time. I reallt have begun to feel something more for him and I am trying to see if he likes me too. He does say some things that may hint that he does like me. For example he had a keychain from hawaii and i said that i had always wanted to go there and he replied "so i'll take you next year for your birthday." He also always tells me that I'm so beautiful. Everyone in the group always gives eachother hugs or kisses goodbye and hello so him hugging me goodbye is not unusual. However, the other day as he hugged me he said "you're so wodnerful darling." I'm not sure if he's just a naturally flirty individual or if he really likes me. help?

thanx

Hey Just a girl - WELCOME!! Glad you posted!

why would he not like you! You're 20 years younger than he is!!

He's 41 - you're 21 + he's single. (He calls you beautiful +he flirts) = You do the math.

Ask him out for coffee. More than likely he won't ever make the next move as he prolly doesn't want to come accross like Chester Molestor - hitting on a younger girl.

If he acts appalled - tell him it's a group thing and then quickly invite a bunch of other people.

I am also heavily involved in community theatre and there have been many relationships that started through the group. But it is a little hard to tell because theatre folk tend to be huggy type people and when you work on a show for several months a camaraderie is developed that can be lost soon after the show ends. Some friendships and relationships last longer but I would be careful not to read too much into this.

The real test would be if he asked you out.