How to be more outgoing?

Instead of asking how to be less shy, I'd rather ask how to be more outgoing. I'm not exactly that shy, but this girl I'm interested is really outgoing and says I might not compatible relationship wise. I think it's just going to take a few more "dates" for her to know me better, so i want to see if anybody has any suggestions.

I think my problem is derivative of my life as a guy who never really got out to know what a social life is. I am finding myself opening up and having more fun lately. I just need a little something to put me over the edge. I don't think I'm naturally shy, just suppressed.

Wassup Don. I know what you're sayin, I use to be like that. I didn't like social events and being noticed (for some reason, I was weird). Now I'm the exact opposite, I don't mind talking to people and drawing attention (in a goofy way, I'm a such a clown) its fun. I think what did it for me is having a little confidence in myself, not a lot, just enough to say "hey, I rock!." Obviously the more you social interaction you have the better you'll become, but for now just chill and don't stress about what other people think. Do stuff that your confortable doing and go from there. Oh and if all else fails, yell out "I am solton the ruler of the earth, mount the phalus of truth or fear my wrath!!!" Dude it worked for me lol. (jk)

Wasup Don !

Let me see........

First of all , its your dress. Outgoing girls like nice dressed up guys. Your t shirt your pants, and the most important is the shoes !

If you are just not out going , becasue you never did this before , so just go out with the guys to disco , bubs , bars.....

All you need is to speak with more girls , no matter where , in the store , bus , gym , school , every where....

Just ask "Nice weather today , isnt it...... /Bad weather today , isnt it...?"

Just talk about life, and girls like it as guys do......

Just talk more, thats it......

Yahko is right, just learn by talking to people you don't know. I'd recommend even trying to practise by approaching women you're not necessarily attracted to or interested in, but that fact will help you get used to talking to strangers...then maybe next time you come accross that attractive woman in the store you'll be better armed (more confident) to approach her.

Well, I'm not really just changing for the girl. I think overall being more outgoing is a benefit. For example, I think I would have a lot more friends than I do now. It usually requires the other person to approach me. Also, being more outgoing would create a lot a oppurtunities and ways to make oneself seem assertive.

As I've said I think I'm almost there. This summer has been critical and I've become more outgoing than usual. As for dressing nice, unlike most guy, I actually like it and don't come off looking gay. I'll probably take the advice of talking to more girls or just be able to talk to any stranger.