How do i let go of past relationships that hurt me and enjoy the present. The girl I'm with is amazing, we have great times together. She does nothing wrong and i trust her with my life. But i always think about how i always got hurt in past relationships and so scared to lose her. I have no doubts in my mind about us being together. I believe that she is my first love and i dont want to lose her. Basically how do i let go of the past, i mean it's easier said than done.

You need to tackle each fear you have from the past.

If you were cheated on before, look at the red flags the precluded the cheating, and watch if you see those now.

What you want to do is maybe keep a journal of how you felt in past relationships and how your significant other acted, and how you acted.

It's best to learn from the past to have a brighter future.

Hugs, Rose

I think you answered the question yourself. It's just a very unhealthy thing to compare your past relationships to your current one. You have to go into a relationship with a clean slate, and the moment you feel yourself putting up a wall, or comparing, then take a step back and be present with yourself. Monitor your feelings, and make sure you aren't making assumptions, etc. Good luck.

"It's funny how you never think about the women you've had. It's always the ones who get away that you can't forget."

Chuck Palahniuk

It's not that i miss them, but yea i cant forget them becuase they really did hurt me and I'm trying my hardest to make sure nothing goes wrong with me and my current girlfriend.