*****Need waxing advice!!!!!

Ok, so I'm gonna do it.....WAX. But first I wanted some advice...does it actaully hurt bad enough to buy those pre-wax numbing sprays??? and if so, do those actaully work??? which brands? and there are like a million of different types of wax. Which one is good for very THICK hair???? do the cheap ones suck?? how's "Nads"?? I don't wanna have to buy a million different ones! lol I just wanna know out of your experiance which is the best way to go?! any advice is welcome! thanx

Just curious what are you waxing?

If it's just upper lip or something than no it doesn't hurt if you do it fast.

If it's eyebrows I'd reccomend getting them done by someone else- It can turn out BAD if you try to do it yourself. My cousin waxed one almost clean off- just a few hairs left.

She's now growing it back and decided 10 bucks to have it done every few weeks is worth the few extra dollars if she has both eyebrows.

I just pluck my eyebrows and sometimes wax my upper lip even though the hair there is thin and light, I don't like it. I use some cheapy Sally Hansen stuff but it works fine.

*Note: this wax leaves a REALLY sticky residue. Be sure to have baby oil or something to remove it. They only give you a tiny bottle of remover oil in the box usually.

If you're talking about 'down there' I'd say get it done professionally too. God I could never do that. My sister gets it done and say it hurts like ****

Legs and arms I'm not sure. I mean, you could do it yourself but that sounds like a lot of work and possibly mess if they're not pre-waxed strips. And you might really hurt your skin, which is why it's better done by someone else.

If you're going to do it, I recommend trying a small patch and watching it for irritation before doing your whole leg/arm.

Also consider depilatory creams. They smell, but don't hurt. Or maybe that thing called "sugar wax" which is supposed to be better for sensitive skin. Oh and they clean up a lot easier. But I don't like that you have to heat it up and then apply the wax then strip.

I agree, it is best to have the professionals do your waxing for you once a month if you're going to use waxing as your main method of hair removal. The salons use professional quality waxes that are far less painful, give longer-lasting results and stop you getting ingrown hairs. Also, beauticians have trained in the art of waxing and are the only people who should ever wax anyone's eyebrows

I think if you are going to wax down there your gonna want a professional. The people who do wax have seen it all. Do they sit and gawk? No if they are professional they know how uncomfortable some women are. They will try and aleviate that by making small talk. Plus I am not sure of anyone I know that has given themselves a waxing job in that region. That would HURT!! My goodness if you shave wrong it can be the most uncomfortable feeling I cant imagine self waxing.

I would get it done professionally this first time so that I can see the technique.

I use a sugar wax for my eyebrows and Brazillian wax for my bikini. It's much thicker and YES it does hurt for the first few times, but you get used to it after a while. I remember sweating ridiculously because of the pain.

I know you think it's going to be embarrassing as did I, but I'm telling you it hurts like hell and you won't be able to do it all yourself especially downstairs. Let a professional do it!

I thought I would be mortified, and I was for about thirty seconds until she started, but once she took that first strip off, trust me all embarrassment goes out the window. I definitely let out a few loud oohs and ahhhs, but within minutes she was done, and I loved the results. I would never have the willpower to do the entire job myself.

Too bad you don't live in New York, I have an awesome lady that I would send you to. I went with my bestfriend for the first time, she was supportive and laughed in the waiting room when she heard me yell out.

The second time was much easier.

Good luck!