A question for both Guys and Gals...

How would you weigh the following factors when you are looking for a partner (1-IT DOESN'T MATTER, 5-MATTERS THE MOST)?

> Looks (Physical Appearance, etc.)

> Personality (Sense of Humor, etc.)

> Education (Bachelor's Degree, etc.)

> Career/Job (What kind of job the person has)

> OTHER (Name other factor that you would consider, OPTIONAL)

Hello!

LOOKS: I think that I find a wide variety of people attractive, so while looks are important for physical attraction, I don't limit myself to any particular 'type'. However, with that said, I've only dated one guy with blonde hair and I seem to gravitate towards very tall guys with lanky builds for some reason. Overall, I'd say looks are about a 3 on the importance level.

PERSONALITY: Vital. I must be able to enjoy talking to someone, but the biggest thing for me, I must have a good laugh with them. I want to have fun with life and I want someone who's going to be able to have fun with me. So I give it a 5.

EDUCATION: Pretty important stuff, only because I want to be able to have intelligent conversations with this person. I like people with strong views on things and I think education enhances this. I'd say at least a high school degree or equivalent. I also tend to look for avid readers because I am one as well. I'll give it a 3 because they don't really have to be Einstein.

CAREER/JOB: I agree with Swing on this one, it's not really important to me as long as the person is happy with what they are doing. I don't want the type of person who has to throw themselves into their work so much that thier relationships suffer for it. This one gets a 2.

OTHER: For this I'd say having similar interests is really important to me. I think it is equally important to have your own thing. But afterall, we are going to be spending our lives together (hopefully) so I want to spend them doing things we love doing together. I give this a 4.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks:4

Looks are intially what draws anyone in at first. Without an attraction there will never be an interest that draws me to them.

Personality:6

Looks get me there, personality keeps me there. Its the basis of every possible good relationship because if its a good relationship every aspect of the person is there personality and you love every aspect.

Education:1

Education doesnt matter. Intellgiance however does, just because you have a degree doesnt mean your smart and just because you dont have a degree doesnt mean your not smart. I personally cant handle stupid people well, they drive me nuts and this falls right into personality for me. I need someone that is smart enough to talk about all different kinds of things.

Career:3

Career matters in the simple aspect of some careers are a relationship by themselves and the whole point of having a relationship is seeing the other person the wrong career=the wrong person(if you cant see them) just makes it to hard to have a good relationship

X-factor:5

To me theres just something about certain people that just gives me the impression that I think there amazing in every aspect of the word. It draws me to them without every looking or saying a thing. Its just one of those things that you cant describe but I wont date anyone that I dont think is amazing

• 4 weeks later...

Looks-4 Since I'm in high school, looks get a little bit of a raise. Loks is what gets people's attention and if someone goes out with someone who is good-looking, it makes them look good. There is something more important than looks though...

Personality-5+ Someone who looks OK and has personality beats someone who only has looks (no girls with a poor hygene or a girl who is really fat and ugly(no offense). Personality is the most important thing in a relationship hands down and good personality can also mean good resonsibility and trust.

Education and Career-N/A Again, since I'm in high school, I can't really tell yet. I would though not want to go out with someone who's GPA is a 1.5 (out of 4.0) or something in that range.

***Bonus*** Unique qualities are the most important thing. If your personalities don't mix, things acn go haywire. For example, I am a sports nut and ther is a girl at my school who is good-looking, has a good personality, smart, plays sports and likes to watch sports. This is NOT a typo.-its proven to be true. Too bad she is going out with someone, cause when I see him and I see how much of a jerk he is... ...its not gonna be pretty.

• 1 month later...

The older u get the more u realize that personality counts. It's the only thing that can't be faked and doesn't change all that much in your life (unless you have some severe head trauma). That's #1. When you're young you're stupid which is why you relate to so many of your peers - like attracts like (contrary to popular belief, opposites do not attract).

As a man, I'd be lying if I say looks don't count 2nd.

All the other stuff can be worked out. I never cared much about education, career, race, religion, etc. and I avoid people who do. It's repugnant to hear "I only date other Jews", "I want a God-fearing mate" (what the f**k does God-fearing mean anyway?), and "people who make less than $50,000 need not apply".