In a long-distance romance and want to meet him

To anyone reading this:

I am in a long-distance romance with a man named Paul from Wales (I live in Surrey, BC, Canada). We have exchanged pictures and have been writing to each other for quite some time.Paul makes no bones about the fact he thinks I am beautiful, and I think he is very handsome.

We have alot in common (love of cats, 70's music and Wicca amongst other things) and Paul says he loves me and I love him. He is the sweetest, kindest, most considerate man I have ever known, and he makes me feel beautiful, special and very loved. I really want to see him in person and he really wants to see me, but I live on disability benefits

and can't afford airfare to Wales, and he can't afford airfare to Canada.

What can we do? If anyone has advice on what we could do about our desire to meet in person, please e-mail me at cherrycharmca@yahoo.ca.

Thank you very much

That's a tough one. I've never believed in LD relationships myself. I just don't see how they can possibly work. One thing I do know is that writing to a person and meeting them in person is so much different. At some point you will have to meet or it's all a waste of time. It's almost like writing to a fan club. All you get is letters and pictures but you never get to squeeze the lead singers butt, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not agree with wernotperfect at all. I think long distance relations can work out. But: it does require time and money. The problem here is that you lack the latter, which makes things very hard.

My advice on this one here is: stay close friends! Friends are very valuable and sometimes even more valuable than a relation. You seem to have a great time together and that's what matters most in live: having fun and having a good time. I have a few very close friends on-line and some of them make me even feel better than the friends that I have close by.

I hope this was of help. Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

long distance relationships do work because love works, the only thing that messes love up is people. take your time and save your money, if you really want to see him you can make it happen. its fate, serendipity. i have a long distance relationship with someone that i met over the internet. i still see other girls but no one seems to be like my friend that lives really far away. soooooooo we met last month for a short time it was like we've known each other for years. and! her ex boyfriend has a long distant relationship with a girl he also met over the internet. if you want to be with him you can

i hope for the very best

• 6 months later...

for what it is worth: I have experienced that Long Distance Relationships are possible, and mine also started as an internet-friendship just like yours. Because you know each other's minds so well, you'll feel connected from the moment you meet in real.

I agree with SwingFox though, and believe that keeping Paul as a close e-friend might be worth much more in the end! Romance relationships may end..friendships, especially with such kindred souls, last!

Whatever decision you make, enjoy the fact that you met such a special person.