Seriously - what the ???

So I posted on her about a girl I was dating, things were going well - then she started to treat me like crap like I was some jerk to her, then tells me her emotions are everywhere, she's scared, things moved too fast, she didn't wan to say anything to me but felt she had to - she thought she just had cold feet....then she left my apartment and broke off all contact with me...not a single email or phone call.

After her speech of wanting to get to know me better - she vanishes and, even on my birthday, didn't bother to pick up the phone or send me an email.

It's been 5 weeks pretty much....yesterday I get an email from her "Looking for my umbrella"! It's an email saying that she couldn't find her umbrella and that it was probably in my trunk - so if I could drop it off or she can pick it up, to let her know......

It's a freakin' umbrella!!!!! If she wants to start contact again - say so - but otherwise...It"S A FREAKIN' UMBRELLA! Deal with it....

Umbrella or not - she contacted you. Whatever that means - it does your head in. I had the 'i cant speak to you ever again' and a week later, she contacts. Starting to think that, yeah, like ourselves, they are wondering what we are up to! I know it doesnt help but it happens. Reading some of the threads it seems the 'dumper' has times of regrets and maybe they do it to somehow justify theyre decision in an odd way.

Well, at least for today - i've decided on no reply. Simply because I know if I did reply - she will respond with something else.

She treated me like I was some jerk - pushed me away and then walked away turning her back to me for no explanation or reason other than her emotions were everywhere. I told her in return that I wasn't happy, and if she didn't say something I would have soon because I wasn't going to sit around and be treated the way she treated me. There is still a big part of me that is angry for her actions towards me - because I didn't deserve it....so, that part of me feels that she doesn't deserve an email reply about her umbrella....like michelle said - it's an umbrella, buy a new one!

Thanks for your input everyone.....