Ear Piercings

I got my ears pierced in early July... so far they are doing fine, but I was wondering if it's safe to wear wire earrings yet for a day. I don't want the piercings to close up. Also, I sometimes have trouble with mucus buildup inside and outside the piercing, and it can make putting earrings in difficult. Is there anything I can do about this? I clean my ear and the earrings really well every time. Will this problem fix itself as my ear heals?

Thanks!

Like paisley80 said, wire earrings do tend to be thinner, so if you want to wear a pair, aim for a thicker one, and preferably one that's square-shaped rather than rounded at the top.

As far as the discharge, I had that for about a year after I got my ears pierced. Then, I felt more comfortable changing my earrings on a fairly regular basis, and once I started doing that, the discharge magically disappeared. Must be the added ventilation from putting earrings in and taking them out often...And after a while, it's a good idea to take a break from earrings for a day or two -- DON'T DO THAT TOO SOON THOUGH. For now, stick to regular cleanings and make sure to rotate or wiggle your posts. The problem should take care of itself.

Did anyone else find the sensation of having your ears pierced enjoyable? I loved it.

no i hated it lol.

ive had my ears pierced since june and i still have trouble with them. my ears bleed everytime i put earrings in and i have been putting antiseptic on them a lot but my ears cant handle them.

i put on dangly earrings and my ear started bleeding and the dripping with blood down my neck and onto my shoulder

lilac_indi: antiseptic is a bad idea, warm sea salt soaks are a good idea. You can buy sea salt in most grocery stores (it's not expensive either) and mix it with warm water, soak your ears in it a couple times a day for 5-10 minutes and see if it helps.

Also, invest in decent jewelry if you got your ears gunned, buy some CBR's that are inplant grade steel, titanium or niobium. I can PM you a site that sells awesome stuff fairly cheaply.

lilac_indi: antiseptic is a bad idea, warm sea salt soaks are a good idea. You can buy sea salt in most grocery stores (it's not expensive either) and mix it with warm water, soak your ears in it a couple times a day for 5-10 minutes and see if it helps.

Also, invest in decent jewelry if you got your ears gunned, buy some CBR's that are inplant grade steel, titanium or niobium. I can PM you a site that sells awesome stuff fairly cheaply.

oh that sounds great! the antiseptic i use was given to me by the place i got my ears pierced at. i had the same problem when i got them pierced the first time when i was 8.

skin started peeling off and i had to get them forced out and they bled a lot. i hate my ears!!! grrrr!

LOL... coco... your ears bleed down your neck? That is awful!

I have pierced and repierced my ears a dozen or so times over the years. It took me 4 tries to get second earring holes that didn't close up or weren't in a weird position. But I did it everytime myself.

I pierced my cartiledge myself, I pierced my nose myself (that took guts)... After the initial need to use the bathroom (lol), and pushing the needle through, I never really thought about the pain....

And Trevor: anytime you want someone to stick you with needles, baby, all you gotta do is whistle..... I'm your girl.

and I repeat: silver+unhealed piercing is BAD NEWS. Ask a piercer. Silver tarnishes, you know, turns black, which can wear off into the healing tissue and essentially tattoo the skin grayish/black and potentially irritate the skin. There is a reason that piercers don't use silver.

Granted, some people get away with murder when it comes to what they shove into their bodies, but would you pierce yourself with a safety pin, just because some people can get away with it?