Well we work at the same place, I do nights and she does early mornings. She'd complain to me if I didnt giver her a kiss goodbye when I left in the morning, and shed usualy text me when she was finishing to come and meet her in town for a coffee or whatever, and we usualy went out together once or twice a week. She's never said I was smothering her, and she loved anything I did that was romantic, but I didnt overdo it. Then she went on holiday and told me everyday she was there that she missed me, then when she got back she semed distant when I met her the next day, and I couldnt say or do anything right with her, but I out it down to jet-lag. And thats the last time I saw her outside work and had a conversation with her. It was just so sudden.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When people say smothering often its an excuse provided the "smotherer" is not actually smothering. Its a gut feeling and is translated into "I am not that into you."

Maybe but not always.

See: my post about personally being smothered in this same thread. No smoke and mirrors, no projections, no justifications. Just straighforward, plain ol', it was exactly what I said it was. He was smothering me. Period.

Yeah. Well eventually you will probably meet someone who thinks you're great, and isn't looking to trade you in. It's hard for both men and women because of past experiences, but you've just got to perservere. If you shut yourself off and don't take a risk, then you will not reap any rewards. Right now, maybe you just want to hang out with your friends for a while though, and look to date other people after a while.