Opposites attract

rosstheboss

Hi, I've not posted on here for a while now and its cos I'm feeling pretty good!

Well it looks like I'm falling for a great girl but she is not my type at all. This always happens to me I fall for girls who are so different from me and lead lifestyles that I either cannot get into or dont particulary like.

On the other hand I have met a girl who is practically my clone but much better looking obviously! Shes great but I dont have any feelings for her - it's really annoying!

Why does this happen? Is the old saying "opposites attract" really true?

Why does this happen? Is the old saying "opposites attract" really true?

It works for me. But equally I see lots of people on here who say that their soulmate is someone who knows what they are thinking and thinks like them.

So for some people it is opposites and some people it's clones and probably a whole lot in between.

Great question, and as far as I know, it really depends, but overall I would say that opposites do in fact attract. It's the whole yin yang thing, ideally one should find a complimentary partner who, ugh... this sounds horribly cheesy and trite, completes them (big ups to Jerry Maguire). I've tried dating guys similar to me and something just didn't click, on the flip side however when I date guys who possess diametrically opposed characteristics to my own, I don't know sparks fly.

Opposites do attract but they don't last. Maybe the quick attraction to the type you want to change into the type thats good for you is a great thing at the start but most people can't be changed and that ends the relationship so really I think you go for girls who are so wrong for you because you want to make them so right for you.

Great question, and as far as I know, it really depends, but overall I would say that opposites do in fact attract. It's the whole yin yang thing, ideally one should find a complimentary partner who, ugh... this sounds horribly cheesy and trite, completes them (big ups to Jerry Maguire). I've tried dating guys similar to me and something just didn't click, on the flip side however when I date guys who possess diametrically opposed characteristics to my own, I don't know sparks fly.

I agree, I find it is good to find someone who compliments your character. In my case, I have had better luck with opposites than with clones. That being said, I still have to have some common ground with the opposite, otherwise, trouble happens.