Dreaming of somebody else

Hi everyone! This may not be a big deal but it's bothering me a lot. There's this guy from my class that had been constantly in my dreams. Nothing sexual though. I'm currently in a relationship, and it just bothers me that this guy had been in my dreams more than my bf ever did. I have never talked to this guy whatsoever. So I guess my question is whether my dreams meant anything or nothing at all. Is there anybody who can give me an insight regarding this? It will really be appreciated.

hey jaded.

firstly, if its bothering you, than its probably a bigger deal than you think it is. hmm, well no one can really tell you whether that has any meaning or not. I mean, some people think dreams are nonsense and others think that dreams mean the world. I, personally, think that dreams reflect your state of mind.

i don't think there is anything truly significant to be gotten out of you dreaming about another boy. i'm majoring in psychology and i can tell you that subconscious stimuli can affect us in many many ways that we can't even begin to describe.

i don't want to give you a lecture...but to summarize it all...there are three states of the mind: conscious [the thoughts you deal with], preconscious [the thoughts you can deal with if you try...ie: whats the name of your mom?] and the subconscious [the thoughts that you don't process but are there]. Maybe subconsciously your brain has noticed that boy and dreams try to make sense of whats in our conscious, preconscious and subconscious mind.

The brain is a tricky thing kiddo...even if you've never talked to that boy, maybe your brain has subconsciously noticed him and that's why you're having dreams about him...

if i were you, i wouldn't make too big of a deal about them...you're in a relationship that you're happy with...so live on...don't bother too much about the subconscious world when you've got a happy conscious one [= !

Always,

Allie.

Hi jaded,

Welcome to eNotAlone!

I am not much at recalling dreams but have day-dreamed about other women while being in a relationship. In hindsight, something was lacking in the relationship at the time and being younger at that time, young-guys hormones contributed to all of that.

Thus i suggest that you consider your current relationship and determine what you are longing for. If you post your thoughts here, we may provide more input.

Hi Jaded

I am going to agree with Allie. More than likely it is nothing. I still have dreams of other people. Sometimes they reflect things that are going on in my life, sometimes they echo movies/books/TV shows I've recently watched (but substituting in people who I know). The subconscious is a funny thing.

IMHO, the dreams mean nothing. ( I could give you many tales of weirdo dreams like you are having)