I'm addicted to sex! What should i do?

I don't think you're addicted to sex as such - unless you would need sex regardless of who it is with.

If you and this boy have some special going on then that's cool - lot's of sex is to be encouraged (though you really have to use protection). It is an expression of intimacy and an important part of any relationship.

I agree with Beagle. I thought that I was addicted to sex but really...I just LOVE it lol. If you were addicted you would be having sex with any guy you could get into bed with...all the time. But you should ALWAYS wear protection...not just to prevent pregnancy but these days so many people have stds or are HIV positive that it's scary!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

its normal to have an overactive sex drive, but what I am worried about is if you have any things that are taking the place of sex. In my opinion, use protection, because it can protect you from STDs and pregancy, and believe me it isn't fun having a child while you friends and boyfriend goes to the movies and malls.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay- i must warn you that i am 14 and have an 11 month old son and just found out i am about 8-9 weeks pregnant again! PLEASE PLEASE use protection!

this is THEE worst position to be in- trust me. being a mom is SOOOO hard, when all my friends are going to parties and having fun- i am taking care of a baby and soon to be two of them.....

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND USE PROTECTION- if not to avoid pregnancy than STD's it really can happen to you- i have friends who are my age that have herpes and other STD's already.... not fun to have warts all over your cooter and itchy and smelly

-

• 6 years later...

Wow, anyone who says it's okay, is wrong. I honestly agree with Beagle, I have a sex addiction also, & I'm also 14. Within the first week of losing my virginity I had sex with 3 people, so I highly doubt you're addicted, you guys probably have a relationship based on sex, & I also don't use protection & one day that will get back @ you, or me.

Maybe, tell your boyfriend you want to slow things down, so you can get back on track.

... i havent used protection with him yet! ...

All other issues aside, this is double-plus ungood. Get on the pill, get a patch, get an implant, or any other method that's compatible with your compulsive nature. Hell, get him to use condoms; he'll probably be relieved you brought it up.

This is really serious. We don't want to be seeing you here a year from now in the pregnancy or suicide forums.

Oh, by the way, the best way to get access to birth control is to 'fess up to your parents. They might not be happy about your having sex, but they'll definitely want to get you on birth control pronto.

If you can't tell your parents, your second-best option is Planned Parenthood. You can trust them, and there will probably be an office near you.