Green Eyes

Spugly Fuglet

Green Eyes [2006]

She walks in the rooms and picks up my empty cup.

Heading into the kitchen she hums and thinks of the day.

Book in hand I stare at the page, words sliding past my Green eyes.

I hold the supermarket bags as she opens the car door

and tunes the radio as I slowly stop talking any more.

She places cold things on ice and I look on with green eyes.

Late at work long hour passed, she calls to see if I'm all right?

Will I need some thing, some thing worm when I get in tonight.

In the chatter his name slips past and my green eyes light up so fast.

Shes looking at me now on the train thinking what she did wrong,

as I'm listening with ears closed to one more hart brake song.

If only she could understand what she has seen in my eyes green.

I did not see her cry when she came in to find my letter

Stumbling words spelled out that this must be for the better.

Green eyes guided shaking hand, over my weak escape plain.

Words so many but so few with meaning there on a green note

She wept and reread the shapes and lines I in green light had wrote

I could not see, what could I do with green being the only hue

I sour you two in a room of fools, painting and high summer tea.

Coming back I court a glimpse of fire for a long time lost to me.

And in seeing what I had seen, my blue eyes had became green.

©InSightFull.ltd

Wow- I hate that feeling. I don't understand why my girlfriends can't just stay away from all other men LOL!!

I think its amazing that you got that feeling going in my head just from reading that poem. I spend so much time trying to figure out what suddenly makes my eyes go green. Any ideas? I used to think it was because I used to think I "own" my girlfriend- but I'm pretty sure I don't and I still get flashes. Just self-esteem maybe?

Wow- I hate that feeling. I don't understand why my girlfriends can't just stay away from all other men LOL!!

I think its amazing that you got that feeling going in my head just from reading that poem. I spend so much time trying to figure out what suddenly makes my eyes go green. Any ideas? I used to think it was because I used to think I "own" my girlfriend- but I'm pretty sure I don't and I still get flashes. Just self-esteem maybe?

Nope its a feeling that others have what you do not and in having them you some how get thows parts you feel are missing.

All you ever had to do was see them in yourself and know and I mean really know that you are hole just as you are. Once you know that loves and lovers can come and go but you are still you.

That breeds confedance and self awareness for me that realsation as meant a seed change in my life. My eyes no longer go green as I know that if my lover moves on its there doing not main. I am not to blame or have failed I am me and always will be.

I have tryed to change others and in turn have had others try to change me but to what end. In doing that we are saying.

I dont like you as you are, No not at all your so close to right be your not 100% there.

Thats not how it works at all, with real love you change your self as you live with another and you both do this. If one day you wake up and find you have changed your self to much then its down to you to work out why and how and find a way back to the real you, you like.

I joke with my wife about her talking to other men but I do not for a moment now. I worry about her safty but thats not the same, all I know is I will never cheat on her and Im happy with that.

basically its not what she dos thats matters its what I do, after all its me I have to live with 1st.