So i've been broken up with my ex for almost 5 weeks now. I went with NC and in the 5 weeks she's been the one calling me and asking to be friends and all that good stuff. In the last few weeks we've been talking a little bit more and last night I went to dinner with her which I was ok with. But lately in the last week I keep having these dreams about her like were going out and I notice that I am not able to accept that we're broken up in my dreams. When I am awake I see that we're broken up and done with and that I should'nt be pursuing her but i just feel like that's all ive been dreaming about lately about going after her. I've been dreaming about situations where I talk to her and try and get her back. I am a bit freaked out. I don't want to be dreaming about that!

See these are the kinds of problems you're going to have to deal with if you surpress your emotions and try being her friend. Romantic feelings and friendship are not interchangable. You can't just swap em like baseball cards. You should tell your ex that you want to get back together and nothing less than a relationship will do. If she's not on board, then go NC and do your best to move on and find someone else.