Okay so heres whatz up. My b/f and I have been together for a little over a month and we both love eachother very much. We're pathetic over eachother. Well here's the problem. I get so nervous around his parents. They are really cool and all but they are very wealthy and I don't come from a family like that. My parents divorced in 2000 and my dad sold our house when my mom left. Us kids pretty much had to start from scratch on our own. My dad totally lost it. It was harder on my mom the most cuz she had to start on her own too. Well my b/f at the time took me in and I lived with him for 4 years till we broke up and i started on my own. I met my current b/f like 4 months after we broke up. He lives in a big beautiful house and drives around a new car. He's pretty much spoiled to death. When we go to his house and I see his parents I just kinda freeze or something. I don't know what to say. I get so nervous and stuff. I love my b/f but I dont want his parents to ever meet my psychotic father. What am I going to do? I know they are going to ask about my family but what can I say? My moms a waitress and my dads a loser? I'm not ashamed of my mother but I'm ashamed of my father. We were pretty wealthy till he lost his mind. Help! What do I do?

You could be right SwingFox but I really don't think I need professional help here. I think I can handle this. I have you guys that have helped me go through a pretty rough time in my life. You especially. I know I need to talk to him about this but I'm gonna give it some time and see what happens. We've only been together for a month and he's just gonna have to accept me and my family how they are. Right?

Hello foolish

I think that you shouldn't worry 'bout money and those kind of stuff that much. Remember that what matters about a person is a way it is. Personally, most of my friends are wealthy, and I'm not poor, but I haven't got some things they have. Instead, I am better than they are in some stuff. In my opinion, you should think about those many things you have that not even the richest have. If your b/f really loves you, even if you haven't got that much money and he knows that, you should be so worried.

You also said that you were afraid of his parents meeting your father; I believe that you should tell them in a sensible way, after you know his parents better and they know that you are a good person, that you father has got some problems and isn't fine at the moment.

Remember that this is my point of view. It's my opinion, so it's up to you if you do something I wrote or not.

Good Luck!