line between friendship and love

A guy and a girl are best friends...but the guy develops feelings for the girl.

They are separated for a while due to circumstances...but a few months later they are in close confines again coz they are working together.

What happens once the line between friendship and love has already blurred? Is it possible for the guy and girl to go back to being 'just friends'?

Based on my personal experience, I think that once you cross the line of "just friends" into love, there's no going back.

I may be much younger than you (I'm only 17), but I've been in a similar situation. When I was with my (now ex) boyfriend, I developed a very close bond with one of his good friends... he basically became my best friend. Well, my best friend and I started to develop feelings for each other, although we denied it for months, it was obvious.

He tried time and time again to get over me, to be "only friends" again, and I did the same for him. But basically, it was impossible. Those feelings were there, and they just don't go away on their own. We tried being "just friends," but we never could.

Luckily, my story has a happy ending, we are now together, and plan to stay together for a long time. Sorry for all that rambling, but basically my point is that no, I don't think you can go back to a friendship after one or more people develop feelings for the other.

I think that would depend on the two people. It can only go back to being just friends if both parties want to be just friends.

I have been fighting with this idea for quite some time, and I don't know it would work, if even just one of the two people felt there was nothing there.