Hello everyone,

I am seeking advice as what to do with photos of ex gf? For example, I have photos of my ex and I which I have kept as part of my memory, but I also don't want my current girlfriend to feel bad about seeing them.

Do I cut the ex out of the photo or simply keep them aside and hide them from the current gf?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Woof Woof!

i wouldn't worry about the photographs if she finds them...i have kept past photographs of my ex, but i don't just leave them around where ever...you can throw them in a box with a variety of other photos just from the past or things and put the box on the top shelf of a closet somewhere...that's what i've done in the past.

No, you should put them away. I wouldn't have photos on display of my exes in my house when my current comes over, and I'd expect the same courtesy for my feelings and comfort level if I was to visit his house. You dont have to go all the way to the other extreme of throwing them out, cutting them, or in any other way destroying them, though. She's your *EX*. Put the pics in a box, put the box away, and take them out on occasion when you feel like taking a walk down memory lane.

I have a question for you to think about... Why are you keeping the photos? If it is just to have the memory, then keep a couple and toss the rest. If it is to remind you of places you've been or events or whatever, I would write the event or place on the back before you put them in the box... Yes, I'm sure you would also like to be able to remember people from your past, but write her name on the back too, then. Trust me, 50 years from now, you may not remember who she was, where you were, etc.....

Thanks for all those that reply and read this post. My reason for keeping those photos were mainly because it has myself in the photo as well. Also because my ex is no longer with me, I didn't felt the need to cut her out of the photo, as she is still a friend and lover in my former life.

Yes, I have taken my ex photos and put them aside, but don't intend throwing them out for the above reasons.

Woof Woof

yeh - puppy, I'm on the side of getting rid of them.

I mean, if its a picture of you and your ex in front of the pyramids in Egypt or something as hugely memorable that you want to have that reminder of, that's totally understandable, like prom pictures. Of course hold on to those.

But a picture of you and your ex at your family picnic sitting next to each other, no - I say throw them.

Just put them in a box in the bottom of a closet...and leave it be. If she honestly gets mad then there is nothing you can really do. I mean she could feel disrespected, but she also has to respect your past. Because that is what makes you who you are today. Things you learned in the last relationship.

I honestly would put them in a box, and leave it in the closet. Tell her if you feel it necessary to. If not then dont worry about it!

My current boyfriend said he feels sad that he ripped up all the photos he had of him and his ex when they went to Scotland for the weekend years ago. He said he wishes he would have kept them because he has no evidence of the places they went now and that he did it because he was mad.

I would never admit this to him, but I am so glad! i wouldnt want to come accross them. I havent seen a picture of her, I dont know what she looks like and I dont want to either, I would only torture myself that she is more attactive.

I say, hide them, dont let your current girlfriend find them. But if you want memories, dont throw them, you may regret it.