Does your boyfriend beat you up? HELP

yeah at the time i brushed it off but now im thinking of it more and i think it was totally messed up, weird, and also what does this guy think of me to ask me that?

I just lost respect for him and want to have less contact with him after asking me that.. He couldve just said well how is he a jerk, what does he do?

He just came out and goes "DOES HE BEAT YOU UP"?

i think its disgusting. I havent even told my Mom and my brother he said that.

Or, here's another side to it, maybe he grew up watching his mother get beaten up, so he assumes that when a guy's a jerk, he beats women up, because that's what he perceived to be true.

If he asked in a way that he seemed really concerned for you, then it's probably becasue he's trying to act like a brother and watch over you.

I noticed in this post that guys did not have any comments. Probably a lot of guys are thinking like me. We say the stupidest things, sometimes without thinking first. Maybe he was teasing you or maybe he was being dramatic. I dont see a reason to analyze that one blurt and assume he is an abusive person based on just one comment. Unless you have other reasons to suspect that he is abusive.