Longing for Yesterday

WildChild

The longer this exists, the more I fade. Dreams of tomorrow happened yesterday and anticipation for the stroke of midnight no longer exists. Nothing new or exciting to make hearts beat faster, only ogling the hand that ends the day. I wonder if I’d followed the beat that made my heart race if I would still be sitting here fading. My goals, meanings and hard work would be plaqued on the wall had I listened not only to society’s lectures on sense of morality but my own. Now safely tucked away for me to be haunted by on days like these. As I gaze outside life is happening around me and I choose to stay safe in this shelter. The sunshine blinding me as it calls out for me to be hugged by its warmth one last time. Even though I know its safe rays, and I recognize them, I cannot bring myself out of this place I have hung my hat, and now my weary head to feel its embrace. I know not what path I am to take, and can only be guided by what is offered. But by whose offerings? Should they not be mine? I can only imagine that this grey will turn to black, and I will lose site of myself and my path slowly blends in with the others. Glimpses of me do appear as have the blinders to quickly partition the outside from seeping into my mind, hopes and dreams. Maybe my dreams of tomorrow were only a fantasy of what is today. Maybe it has always been about today and never tomorrow. Yet as the sun says goodnight I weep, crying out silently for the hands of time to stop and sadly, longing for yesterday.

Very moving. You have some thoughts spinning around in your head.

Don't give up on your hopes and dreams though, tomorrow is still not here. Hold out hope for that tomorrow, it will become more than just today's dream if you do.