I'm mr1977's g/f and I know he posted stuff on here about the problems we r having.We want things to work and are considering moving away to a new city,a fresh start as it were.I just want advice as to whether this would be a good idea or not?I'd be so grateful for any advice

Well, moving away to another city won't "change the past" or "fix the issues".

I read the original post and it would appear you have said you had a major crush on another woman, and as well have had attractions for women for a long time. I think all moving away would do is change the women you are attracted to, or give you a new crush...

You have to work on the root issues, not just cover up the symptoms of it by moving away. Also moving away depending on you two will add it's own new stresses.

I suggest perhaps counselling is a better idea, considering you have a child together you two should at least work on it that way. However, you also have to decide if you are able to truly not live out that attraction to women forever.

Initially your problem would be solved, but take it from me you'll soon find someone else to fix your attentions on. This has been happening to me for years! I even went to see a Psycho Sexual Counsellor for help. My husband went to some of the meetings too. I discovered I'd been in denial since being in my teens. We are now divorced after 14 years!

At least if you talk to a Psycho Sexual Counsellor then you've tried everything to solve the problem.

Good luck