Why do people fall out of love?

I am pretty strong person, but I can not help thinking about my ex somtimes. Why is he writing me when he knows that we will never be more than friends , and it bothers me to hear from him , but at the same time I do want to hear from him. I logically know that we are like oil and water and do not mix, so why do I think about him so much? I think b/c there is this song by Tamia called "Officially Missing You" and this song makes me think of him.

What is wrong with me, why am I thinking about him when I do not want him b/c of the way he treated me. He is lazy and can not get out of college. He has been in school for almost 8 years. He smokes and drinks and has so many other unflattering qualities. I do not think he would make a good husband or be a good provider. I still miss him, but know that I have lost feelings and respect for him. I just do not know how someone can have that type of effect over you. I do not have it as bad as most people, but there are times when I do day dream about him.

I just can not get over some one just loving you one day and the next have no feelings for you. Why do people just fall out of love?

ppl fall outta love for many reasons. It could be habits which one party can't stand. They may have a feud which doesn't mend, or sometimes, it's just too emotionally taxing on each other. Relationships take time and commitment, and when one party can't fulfill that, things start to chenge. I think you get my flow.

But it's natural to miss your ex bcoz even though you can talk days on end abt what you can't stand, you've seen and experienced what he is really like beyond all that... so give it time. It'll get better.

Good luck!

-cheech

I find that talking to my friends helps, but people get tired of talking about your ex all the time. That is one reason I like to come here and give advice and also get advice for my self too. I find that helping others also helps me in a way.

I do not think my ex is still with the same girl he was talking to when we broke up. I think he just wanted to be single and mingle! Thanks everyone, I just wish somethings did not remind me of him. I know there is nothing wrong with me, but it makes you feel like "why me? whats wrong with me"?

All of these feelings have come up b/c he as contacted me 4-5 times last week. I think he feels really guilty about lying and breaking my heart.