Worked and Not Been Paid

Hey I have had this situation happen this week and if anyone has any wisdom I would like to hear.

It seemed like the perfect opportunity, I was working from home for a company and worked very hard all week to prove myself. They said that they were very pleased with me and would probably have other opportunities for me.

I had to make a lot of phone calls which is of course a big expense that they said they would cover.

Anyway, the guy I was working for said that he would pay me on Friday just passed and he hasn't. I am very concerned, I don't understand why he has not paid when he said the work I have done is perfect. I hate confrontation. What would I say to him.

When someone says that they are going to do something I expect them to do it or at the least provide an explanation as to why this did not happen.

I hope that I have not been used or taken advantage of as this could make me very angry but I don't want to go getting worked up for nothing.

I don't want to do any more work until I see the money in my bank account.

What should I do?

Where did you find this company? If it's on the net, then I'd be suspicious.

To be honest, the whole things screams scam.

"work from home"

"being promised to be reimbursed for phone calls"

"it seemed like the perfect oppurtunity"

"probably have othr oppurtunities"

The other thing that worries me is that *most* reputable places of employment don't pay the same week the work is done. Every place I have ever worked at I work two weeks, from saturday to sunday, and i don't get paid until the Friday after the Sunday that I finished the two weeks (did that make any sense at all? Let's say I work from Sat March 5th to Sun March 18th, I don't get paid for that pay period until Fri March 24th). You don't get paid until almost a week after the work is done. In your case, they "promise" you money on Friday for the work for that week. Seems shady.

Call the guy up and ask him where your money is. Tell him you had talked about being paid on Friday and you will not continue to work until the money is there. If you still don't get paid, cut your losses, don't work anymore, and chalk it up to experience.

Now, if he sends you a cheque for MORE than the amount you're owed and asks for you to send the balance to him, for the love of god don't do it.

I hope it's not a scam for your sake. Good luck!

Call the guy up and ask him where your money is. Tell him you had talked about being paid on Friday and you will not continue to work until the money is there. If you still don't get paid, cut your losses, don't work anymore, and chalk it up to experience.

Excellent advice! If all else fails, take him to small claims court. He shouldn't be allowed to take prey upon anyone else's good nature. Good luck!