My parents broke us up...my first love

Hi..my name is Spenser and i am almost 16 years old...last august i met my ex boyfriend, Josh who is 18 and graduated from my hugh school last year, and i immediately knew i liked him...like soon turned into love....but the only problem was...we were dating in secret because i knew my super strict parents would not understand...let alone approve...Me and Josh dated until the beginning of November...and that is when my parents found out and immediately forbid me from ever seeing him or talking to him again...they took away my cell, hid all the home phones, never left me home alone, and grounded me until summer. (but im now ungrounded) Its been 3 months since i have talked to Josh and i miss him every day. I know it sounds pathetic but i cry myself to sleep each night wishing i could just hear his voice and tell me everything is going to be all right. My sixteenth birthday is coming up and i am thinking of trying to ask my rents if i can at least talk to him and be friends with him. I know that i am in love with him so its not like i can just get over him...and we have mutual friends so i know that he doesnt already have some other girlfriend...

**plz give me sum advice...should i ask my parents to be able to have some contact with him..or is it a lost cause...and if it isnt....what should i tell my parents that would actually get them thinking how i am or at least let them understand a little bit and allow me to talk to him. **

Thank you soo much...any advice will help

Spenser

Hi Spenser. I am so sorry to hear of your situation. Your parents are essentially keeping you locked up in an emotional prison. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about that right now at your age...

Your best bet in my opinion is to take the soft approach here and try to win their hearts over. Tell them how you feel about this boy, exactly. Tell them what a good guy he is and how much this means to you. Ask them why they are doing what they are doing and tell them it really hurts you. Start small, asking for some contact at least with him...work on them and give them time to come around.

Now your relationship with your parents is important too. I can see this leading to resent for them in the future. The best thing you can do is communicate your feelings to them, how you feel for this boy, and how you feel about them...