Flowers for date

Ok I'll be honest, I'm 16 and this is the first date I've ever been on. Anyway, my date is tomorrow and I already bought her flowers but I just have one question...It might sound really stupid and pointless but I always watch movies where guys give the girls a bouquet of flowers rapped up in something. I bought her fake flowers cause then I don't have to worry about them dying or whatever....Plus I'm gonna tell her that they're very special and rare flowers because they're the only flowers in the world that can live without water..I know that sounds corny but if I say something like that to her, I know I'll get her to smile and to me that's a good way to start off a date. My minor problem is, i don't want to just give the flowers to her wrapped up in nothing because you can see the fake stem and everything so I was wondering what kinds of things I could wrap it in or whatever to make it look better....I only have about a day, so any quick replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking to the time to read this lol...

Although flowers are a noble gesture, I would recommend that because it's your first date you don't give them to her. Why? Because I think it may put more pressure on you both (your first date), and I just think it may make things less complicated to start with. Second date, maybe.

Definitely. Though to you,flowers may seem like a lovely gesture...when a girl receives them on a first date,it sends them a distinct message..whether it is true or not ? They think.." oh my god flowers,i was uncomfortable enough as it is..am i lumbered with a date that is so needy and desperate for love that he is getting me flowers (gifts) already ?" Harsh but true,and unless she is overwhelmed by how handsome you are,or the physical chemistry is out of this world,then giving her flowers aint gonna do it for ya bro,sorry. The best thing you can do on a first date...is get her relaxed,make her laugh,TAKE ALL THE SERIOUSNESS out of the situation. GOOD LUCK 8)

DISAGREE.....I think flowers are quite nice on a first date. You're only 16, I think girls this age appreciate flowers and take it as a sweet gesture. But i do have to make a comment... I know you already bought your flowers, but I don't like the whole idea of fake flowers (but thats just from my point of view). If she likes you enough, she would like to dry the flowers for memories...(I know you can keep the fake flowers forever blah blah blah)....but I don't know, i like the whole idea of the smell of fresh flowers....etc...

anyhow, good luck on your first date!

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I decided to give her the fake flowers anyway because I would have felt bad if I showed up at her door with nothing. My whole line about that they're nice cause they dont' need water made her laugh so that's a plus. Also, right after that she said I smelled really good so I don't think she'd paid much attention to the flowers after that. Anywayz, I just wanted to tell you guys that our date went better than I could have ever imagined. We have more in common than I thought. I was afraid I wouldn't have much to say, but as the night went on I become more and more talkative. Thanks again, I wish you all the best of luck in any future problems you encounter in your lives

I'm glad your date went well! I'm a girl, and to be honest, it doesn't really matter what gift a guys comes bearing. Real flowers or not, you know that he was thinking of you. That's something I find very noble and sweet. Besides, I've never seen a flower that made me frown. It can only brighten up your life!