It's not exactly poetry, but it is to me.

I tend to just write in a notebook right now, while my life is decided elsewhere...

--------

As I lie at the rock bottom of my life, I realize more than ever before. I stare into the face of the 'beast' that is Life and say:

"I laugh at you. You can take everything that is 'me', but you can not have my soul. In my soul is an undying love. This can't be taken from me.

"Life, no matter what you do with her from here on, you won't be able to take that, so you are powerless against me. You can tear my flesh, break my bone, but I won't give up that soul. It's not wandering any more.

"So you can tear her from me if you must, I am prepared for battle. I know even if you succeed in taking her, I will not have lost the fight. My soul and the love inside can not be angry, it can only continue to love her.

"Her soul may wander, and even if you take it from her, I will give her mine. Even then, when you destroy me, I will still have won, for my soul will live through her.

"So I say again, you are powerless, Life. You do not control all of me. You can't control all of me. I realize now, that as hard as it may be to fight you, I will not lose, for she will still be flying high above you, just beyond your reach."

So I climb to my feet and begin again. "Throw your worst at me, Life, burn me with a fire beyond hell, I win."

------------------

S.A.M.

I know how that is, I'm going through the same thing. very nice words. I personally feel that any type of writing that expresses such deep emotion is poetry, so you can't really say that isn't poetry. brought a tear to my eye. beautiful wrods from a great guy on these forums.