Anyone try this ever?

Breaks are generally a bad thing for a healthy relationship. The only way one can heal or grow a relationship is to work on it. Taking a break does the opposite. Generally if a couple goes on a break it's because one of them wants to end it. The break is the first step in the transition to a break-up.

Be prepared for this eventuality. You cannot grow as friends while you are on a break. All you will think about is "why are we on a break? Does he/she not love me anymore? Is there someone else?" How do you expect to build your friendship in this way?

Don't get me wrong breaks can help people realise that they still love each other and want to work it out. Generally though it's just a cop out. If you take this route, be prepared to be writing a few more posts on here about how your GF went on a break and started seeing someone else or just ended your relationship. See this for what it really is. If you want to break it off then end it. If not then work on it. Skip the break; it's just a middleman tactic.

I agree with crookster 100 % . They aren't just wise words,they are fact. Happy couples don't "break", PPL in love do not ask for "breaks".

Why would anyone need time apart to see , if they were meant to be...or if they were going to be a successful couple? "Breaks" that occur without the existence of abuse (emotional or physical) are due to disatisfaction/boredom. Work on a relationship within, always.....unless you don't want that person anymore.

My girlfriend told me she wants a break because she feels trapped

and stuck like she cant do anything and yes we have alot of problems

she says she still loves me and that she needs to get her things done

before she does make a commitment to me on staying with me. She

says i hurt her with all of our problems and she cant think right now

so she wants a break but i feel there is someone else and i know there

is because Yes she mentioned him to me but she only gave him a

goodnight kiss on the cheek "Im so Mad" i really love her so much and

we been together for about 2 and a half years and we even have a 1

year old daughter what should i do?