Im 17 and i weigh 7 and a half stone, i've never had serious eating problems but if i don't eat for a day i start to feel sick and then can't eat. after this, it takes very little to fill me up.

i don't eat healthily but i do eat and still don't put weight on. as a result i have lost weight above my hips. this has caused me to be lobsided, curvy on one side but straight on the other down to my hip.

does anyone else have this problem and should i be worried? Am i underweight for my age?

thanks

Im 17 and i weigh 7 and a half stone, i've never had serious eating problems but if i don't eat for a day i start to feel sick and then can't eat. after this, it takes very little to fill me up.

i don't eat healthily but i do eat and still don't put weight on. as a result i have lost weight above my hips. this has caused me to be lobsided, curvy on one side but straight on the other down to my hip.

does anyone else have this problem and should i be worried? Am i underweight for my age?

thanks

How tall are you?

thanks

Well, it's not healthy to not eat for a day, it will make you feel sick!

I think that because you don't eat healthily, you may be malnourished, so you are really "starving" even though you are eating. So you may not be building adequate muscle, or bones....which can lead to serious complications, as well as being underweight.

Also, I would have to know more details about how much you eat, what you eat and so forth.

Also do you work out or exercise?

I am not sure why you would be "lopsided", that seems to be a physical issue, that you should probably consult a doctor about, or a physiotherapist as those kind of imbalances can cause problems.

im about 5"4

So you are about 47 kilos....or 105 pounds....it is SMALLER then average, but some people are also naturally thinner then others so I cannot tell you if it is terrible for you. I think you DEFINITELY should have some more muscle though for that frame, that would bring your weight up.

You really should consult a doctor/nutritionist still to verify you are getting the right nutrients. I think your diet is probably a big part of the problem.

They may also be able to rule out other health concerns.

im about 5"4

Oh dear, that certainly is not healthy. I weigh 6 and a half stone and am 4'8 inches tall. You should be weigh about 9 stone or more at your height so you are quite dangerously underweight. Why do you go a day without eating? That is very dangerous and you could end up collapsing. Have you been to the doctor? What do your friends and family think about your current weight?

i eat crap really, a lot of snacking. i don't eat any breakfast in a morning only have a small lunch then eat crap when im at home. i don't understand how i can not be putting on weight if i eat fatty foods like chocolate and crisps.

i don't really exercise at all but some how have firm stomach muscles that others would have to work hard for.

i eat crap really, a lot of snacking. i don't eat any breakfast in a morning only have a small lunch then eat crap when im at home. i don't understand how i can not be putting on weight if i eat fatty foods like chocolate and crisps.

i don't really exercise at all but some how have firm stomach muscles that others would have to work hard for.

Well, you may still be undereating, despite all the snacking. And you are malnourished if you are not eating healthy foods - like fruits/veg, lean meats, healthy carbohydrates.

There are many people in this day and age whom still get scurvy as they eat junk, and get no vitamin C, or get early osteoporisis due to lack of calcium!