Dating for the first time

Tolaria

I met this girl on a club we had our intimate moments, we parted with our phone numbers. She called me up several days later (I wanted too but for some weird reason I didn't) asking if we could meet. I said of course and figured I would show her some of the city (she's visiting this country from another), but my problem is I don't know what to do then? She's 25, while I'm 20 and I've never dated, while she has probably tons of times. I don't want to look like a total dork at the date saying "uh I don't know what we could do now" so what does one do on a date? What should one keep in mind etc? I'm rather nervous at this point.

Don't try to make your first date last a long time. A few (3-4) hours max. Don't get overly romantic. First dates are just about seeing if you enjoy being together, without putting in too much effort.

You can do something fun and have dinner. If the tour is fun fine. If not, I often find women like to be taken to things that I know about in my City (New York) but which most people don't. I've taken women to some different places.

Also, since it is your first date be prepared to remain in public places with a good amount of people present. She hardly knows you, so she needs to learn she can trust you before being in isolated places with you.

Dinner should not be expensive and romantic. A little atmosphere is fine, but not a lot.

Otherwise, the best thing you can do is listen to her and make eye contact while you listen. I would try to get her to talk about her home and especially get her to talk about things she enjoyed there as a child. Her talking about the things she liked as a child and you listening to her do so is the most surefire way I know to get a date to work well.

Good luck.

• 4 months later...