Long Term Effects of childhood sexual abuse

Were you or do you know a childhood sexual abuse survivor? I found a pretty good article that I found informative that I'd like to share. The first paragraph reads:

"In general, the severity of the aftereffects of sexual abuse on the victim depends on a variety of characteristics. These include: the duration and frequency of the incest, the type of sexual activity, the use of force or aggression, the age at onset, the age, gender, and relationship of the perpetrator, passive submission or willing participation on the part of the child, overt or disclosed incest with lack of assistance, parental reaction, and institutional response. "

The entire article can be found

Also, this forum contains some articles written by professionals in the field of psychology and focuses on adult sexual abuse survivors. There are also some adult sexual abuse survivors that write about their experiences and how they can or can't relate to others. I think this site can help anyone who wants to learn more about it or even post your own experience. The main forum for "Adult Survivors" can be found .

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...