He broke up with me, now I can't get away from him.

I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation as mine and might have some advice / insight as to how to handle it. It's a rather long story, but I'll try to give you the shortened version.

My boyfriend and I had been together for almost six years and had been living together over the past year. It was a great relationship in many respects, but he is two years younger than me and is not ready for some of the future commitment / marriage things that I want. He came to realize this on his own and broke up with me three months ago.

We didn't have any contact with each other for the first month after our break-up. He moved out of the apartment to stay with his parents. Shortly thereafter we started to run into each other at parties, etc (most of the people we hang out with are mutual friends). We had a short and difficult talk about trying to remain friends, but I felt that I needed some more time and space to get over the break-up. He seemed to respect my wishes and said he would give me more time.

The confusing part is that even after this discussion, we kept running into each other "accidentally" (we live in a big city so it shouldn't be difficult to avoid each other). I'm avoiding all of the regular spots that we used to hang out at, but I keep seeing him on the street or driving by as I'm walking somewhere. He always stops to talk to me and has even offered to drive me places. I know he's been asking our mutual friends about what I'm doing, who I'm seeing, etc. I'm trying to keep my distance, but I feel like I can't get away from him for any length of time in order to get over the break-up. Anyone been in a similar situation?

call him out on it. tell him you know what hes doing, and its really sweet (in a weird way ). ask him about his feelings towards you, and ask if he wants to go out again? if he does tell him you are going to need your space and by going everwhere you are is not going to change that fact but make it harder on you to think things threw. just sit down and talk about things.

I don't know for sure that he's doing it on purpose. I honestly think it's just coincidence in a lot of cases that we run into each other so often. I almost feel like I have to move to a different city to get my space! I also don't think that he does want to be with me anymore. He was truthful enouugh to realize that he doesn't want the same things as me in the first place (i.e. marriage, kids, etc.) I don't see how that could change in three months?

maybe he thought about things and relized that he did want to be with you after all. in three months a lot of things can change. it might be on accident. well try this joke around with him and say "are you following me?" in a nice kinda joking matter. im sure by his answer youll be able to tell if he really is or isnt.