i have a problem, i have been friends with this guy for two years now. he is japanese, but i am american. he is in japan now and will probably never come back ever. but i talk to him often, now i am starting to feel like i am in love with him. after debating with myself i have to admit it that i am. i dont know what to do, it hurts me not to tell him but i also dont want to because would it really mean anything? i am in love with him i really want to tell him but yet i just cant. can i have some advice on how to get over this because i know it will only cause pain?

well, you know that answer. Probably one of the most repeated 2 words in this forum..... NO CONTACT.. (NC)

Yes it is painful initally, but someone has to be strong.

And it is better to cut ties of now then later.

Explain to him that we will be busy the next few weeks.... cant talk to him much and then do a NC. Dont tell him that u are falling for him cos it doesnt do any1 any good, as u have said it, he not coming back and he may/ may not feel the same. In the end it doesnt matter. You have to fix yourself.

i know thats what you say but already my feelings are very strong, to be honest i do believe he feels the same way but i dont see him or i being able to meet ever again. it sounds cliche, but i must admit that i am in love with him, even though it wont matter, i still want to tell him, i feel like it will clear my heart