Hello All-

I will try to condense my story. Four years ago I started dating this guy and over the past four years we have been on and off a few times. In the past two years he has moved to NC and I am in FL. He has a business there and I just graduated from college. I love him and know there could be a future with him and he feels the same way. He has asked me to move to the area so we can no longer have a long distance relationship, but rather see if we are to go to the next stage, ie living together. Now in the meantime, I am unsure of what career I want, so I started looking into the Navy to be an officer. I never did any military things in my life, but think there are a lot of positives out of the career. I am unsure of what to do, because my heart and my head are in two different spots.

Any insight would be great. Thanks all.

This seems to be something that is totally based on what you want and how you are feeling. Nobody can make the decision for you. However, I sure think it is a lot to ask of you to have you move all the way up there to live with him. For example, would he do it for you? I doubt he would because of everything he has going for himself. And this is when your feelings come into factor. Yes you may see a future with him and you love him, but probably the more deeper question is do you see happiness in another state, with him? I think that it seems like a pretty chunk of a step. You two are having a long distance relationship and now all of a sudden your going to live together. Don't you think that you should try just visiting for a weekend or two a little bit and see what it will be like before you take the jump. This is just my advice! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi amy102481,

I had to agree with precious_babae in taking baby step when moving in together.

I think it would be good to pursue a career that you like. I would suggest you to for it. If both of you would like to cut the distance, think of the option or ways where you could pursue your career as a Navy officer in the same place as your boy friend. Mutual sacrifice is important.