Finding out a girls 'status'

When I approach a girl I am always worried that I am going to find myself chatting up someone who is in a relationship. So... How best to say it without sounding a freak, or would it just be a better idea to get a conctact number and find out in a more subtle fashion, at the risk of getting a full phone book?

Thanks all...

Its not thst hard

A girl who is amenable to being chatted up doesnt usually have a boyfriend. If she does and is still amenable you can ask soemthing simple like, Do you usually come here with your boyfriend?

If a girl gives you her number etc she usually wants to see you again, so dont be shy!!

Nxxxxx

Actually from a girl's point of view, it's flattering if a guy wants to know one's availability, so no need to feel freakish about asking. Try humor. Make a joke out of it. "So you think it'd be all right with your bf if I took you to the movies on Friday?" This way you'll get an answer and find out if she's a feminist too! Woohoo!

I personally don't like when guys outright ask me whether I have a boyfriend or not. It makes me think that our conversation will end there if I do have a boyfriend, without the possibility of ever becoming friends, or even just an occasional acquaintance to talk to. The process I like is long, and maybe a bit unrealistic. I'd rather get to know eachother a little bit and talk occasionally, and once we get comfortable with eachother I will let him know more about my personal life. Otherwise, to me it just seems like the guy wants either a relationship or nothing. What's wrong with being friends?

If you really want to know her status, you could always ask her friends if you know them also.

Perhaps we should have some kind of signal or logo people could wear to indicate their marital/relationship status - a badge or sticker or something - like Indian women wear on their foreheads! It would certainly help avoid sticky situations, and wasting hours or years of people's times!

I personally don't like when guys outright ask me whether I have a boyfriend or not. It makes me think that our conversation will end there if I do have a boyfriend, without the possibility of ever becoming friends, or even just an occasional acquaintance to talk to. The process I like is long, and maybe a bit unrealistic. I'd rather get to know eachother a little bit and talk occasionally, and once we get comfortable with eachother I will let him know more about my personal life. Otherwise, to me it just seems like the guy wants either a relationship or nothing. What's wrong with being friends?

If you really want to know her status, you could always ask her friends if you know them also.