How do I recover from infidelity, when I'm the one who had t

kamurj

I recently had an affair with a friend of mine, and ended it when I decided that I needed to direct my energy into rebuilding my marriage. The problem I'm facing now, is that I can't "forget" about my ex-lover...Who is a good friend of my wife, and deeply into the circle of friends that we associate with. How can I move past what was, rebuild a marriage and a friendship that meant a lot to me?

[quot.......

On 2002-02-12 10 Anonymous wrote:

I recently had an affair with a friend of mine, and ended it when I decided that I needed to direct my energy into rebuilding my marriage. The problem I'm facing now, is that I can't "forget" about my ex-lover...Who is a good friend of my wife, and deeply into the circle of friends that we associate with. How can I move past what was, rebuild a marriage and a friendship that meant a lot to me?

• 4 years later...

Hi Anonymous,

Far more details are needed to make any kind of comment. Your e-mail isn't really giving anything away. For instance, How long have you been married? Why did the affair occur? Were there pressing issues in the marriage? How long was the affair? What contact do you have with this other woman now? Are you in love with her, or just missing your previous connection and friendship? Are you in love with your wife? Are kids involved? What are your reasons for going back to your wife. Does she know you had an affair?

Do you see what I'm getting at? There is just to much missing from this story to make a reasonable assessment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Heartshock