A date or not?

I am going to lunch and a movie with a female friend this Saturday. I wonder if this is a date, or just friends hanging out. She seems to be flirting with me a lot. I see all the signs that supposedly say she is (laughing at jokes, looking in my eyes, turned toward not away from me when talking, etc.) but how the hell do you know for sure? Should I just come out and ask her? And if I were to do that, how do you phrase it so things don't seem weird as a friendship if that's all that develops?

How about if I treat it like a date by picking her up in my car and paying for lunch and the flick? Would that be assuming a little too much?

I've brought up the idea of dating before in a joking way, trying to test the waters, and she laughed along with it saying things that give me a negative impression. She said something like "You're like a brother" but followed with "then again we are in Kentucky and that kind of thing happens." Laughing the whole time. (BTW that is not a general practice in Kentucky. Look in Arkansas. heh) What does all that mean? Was she saying no and trying not to hurt my feelings? She has in the poast told me how cute I am, nice, sweet, etc....

But WHAT THE HELL DOES ANY OF THIS MEAN!!!

well I had an old friend who would flirt with me like that and only liked me as a friend, yet maybe she thinks it's a date. who knows. Id ask her, just say im not trying to sound dumb but is this just haning out or a date, and if she goes well what do you think or what do you want it to be either be forward and tell her what you want it to be or just say well Idk what do you say it is?

good luck.

Qtpie87

FLIRT LIKE HELL!! haha, go rion...umm yea, you should know then...

If she is responding while you're eating, and you're both smiling and flirting back and forth having an awesome time.....try and put your arm around her in the movie or something....you'll never know unless you try....b/c I didn't man...and it sucked, trust and take it from me, you'd rather know what could be happening...instead of what could have happened. Bad or good, you'll find out....good luck.

Why do you need to label it? Just wondering...

At least she probably won't tell you what my friend said. I asked him " If you are coming all this way to spend time with me and we are just hanging out talking and laughing and there is not going to be any sex--and you know this and still come by...what would you call that? "

He replied " A waste of gas?" Yup, he's a total clown...

FLIRT LIKE HELL!! haha, go rion...umm yea, you should know then...

If she is responding while you're eating, and you're both smiling and flirting back and forth having an awesome time.....try and put your arm around her in the movie or something....you'll never know unless you try....b/c I didn't man...and it sucked, trust and take it from me, you'd rather know what could be happening...instead of what could have happened. Bad or good, you'll find out....good luck.

I AGREE With DropToZero . . . now i know u can consider it a BOLD move putting your arms around her . . . and i can understand why you would not want to do that just yet . . . BUT . . . FOR SURE FLIRT WITH HER LIKE MAD . . . TEASE (i know it seems simple enough , but sometime we just have to be reminded to tease - me included - ) , make fun , act confidfent and try to keep her laughing . . . be sure you come off as having a good time as well . . .

good luck MAN ! let us know how it goes ! ! !

How bout this : If she asked you out, or you asked her out then it's a date

Hey it sounds like she has a good time with you too, so don't worry too much about it. Things will flow naturally. Enjoy yourself