M.A.C Makeup... Anyone use it?

Hi, Sorry for the stupid topic.

Recently I saw on a tv show about products that MAC Studio Finish concealer was the best out there (out of about 7 products tested). I bought it when we went to Toronto. I got thinking the next week how I hate my makeup, so I decided to get MAC everything else. The girl I spoke with recommended a different concealer for my needs and told me to bring the first back. Well, its been a month and I havent been back yet(4 hour drive). I think its too late and I dont want to try in case they make me feel like a loser.

Has anyone actually tried the MAC Studio Finish Concealer? They suggested for me to get Select Cover Up. I havent used anything yet because I am waiting till I can get the brushes too.

The eyeshadows are incredible; they never crease and they have more original colours that I would like, as opposed to the generic brown/ neutral (and to be honest, DULL) colours that they sell in department stores and pharmacies.

If it's not that hard or too far, you should bring the first one back and exchange it for something else. Why keep something that costs like $30-40 if you have no use for it? Get something else that will be useful, you'll feel better about it.

I totally agree about their eyeshadows - I love how some of them have the subtle shimmer - I buy their eyeshadows and eyeliner.

Definitely take it back. If you don't like it I don't think they have a problem exchanging it especially if you explain how far you are - they want your business. Have you tried going onto their website? You can order there too and you can email MAC makeup artists. Finish Concealor might be a little hard to advise on, but they can give you suggestions on lipstick, eyeshadow, blush based on what you tell them (skin color [fair, medium, olive], haircolor, etc).

Yes, I used to use some of the MAC concealers, and some are very thick and good - if that is what you need.

Like oceaneyes said - take it back. Most of these high end companies do tend to have nice return options.

I actually love Bobbi Brown stuff even more than MAC. Because I'm a grad student, the muted, neutral (ie, DULL ) shades are more professional looking for me... But yeah... MAC has some really great shades for a night on the town.

I havent used any of the makeup that I bought yet, but yes I have to agree that they have some fantastic eyeshadow shades

Before I bought this stuff (but after I bought the first concealer) I emailed the MAC artists asking them about my colours and products they recommend. I bought two of the three eyeshadows that they mentioned. Ricepaper and Paradisco. They are SOOO pretty. I cant wait to try them, its too bad I SUCK at putting on makeup.. Id rather wait till I get the brushes though..

I also emailed a mac artist before I posted this message asking what they thought of each concealer and how they would work with the foundation and pressed powder I bought... HAHA!! OF COURSE they gave both high recommendations ESPECIALLY the one I want to take back.

Apparently the one in the same line as the foundation and powder I bought is a nice light coverage. The only reason I bought it actually when I knew I had a different one at home was because the girl at the counter said that this concealer is great to keep eyeshadow on the eyes ALL DAY. I wanted to get that MAC MATTE stuff, but she said this was better.

Then, the mac artist said that the one I want to take back is fantastic for days when you have really dark circles under your eyes (i usually do), and she even said HUGE pimples... it apparently even covers tattoos (thats a little scary). Then of course said she that the one I wanted to return would look FABULOUS under the foundation and pressed powder that I purchased...

So what is everyones favourite eyeshadow colour by MAC? What colour of hair and eyes do you have? I am sooo not good with picking colours, so its nice to see what other people wear.

I actually love Bobbi Brown stuff even more than MAC. Because I'm a grad student, the muted, neutral (ie, DULL )

For daytime when you have to look professional, neutral works and works well! I just can't imagine wearing taupe and tan every day. I've always needed more colour or I feel too boring, lol