The Power Of Music

I would recommend staying away from some of that music, if you find a tendency to cut.

Don't get me wrong - some of the music is interesting (my sister likes Evenescence), but I've found a lot of the 'Gothic' music has very dark and depressing lines and the chord sequences have been found to cause negative emotional states/experiences.

Try listening to some UPLIFTING MUSIC!!

PM me if you want some suggestions...

I've often listened to depressing music (electronic) in my car when I've been down and sometimes it makes me end up in a 'trance' almost, and I drive very suicidally...

Yea I'm like you finch in a sense...but I don't cut...music is just my life to get away from my real life. I have a great life, but I have all my music, and most of its rock, all of it is on my comp. a click a-way, and I can just sit for like 3 hours and just listen to music and could be totally content. I love music that I can relate to my life and most people say its the hard rock or whatever, but I love lyrics that I can relate to my life...it just makes the song mean more to me.

Music drives my emotions too tho...helps me to release frustrations... and other things. But during one point I was at a huge HI in life not too long ago, and I normally am not a punk rock fan....but for some reason I fell in love with this song by Thrice "Stare At the Sun"...I don't care if you like punk or not..if you've heard it, this song can make a horrible day pretty good for me...I love hearing it at least once a day...usually much more tho.

I've definitely experienced the influential power of music. When I used to cut I would always listen to gothic, mainly Dead Can Dance and Fields of the Nephilim. I quit cutting for months, then one day I put in Dead can dance and everthing I was feeling and trying to forget from when I was cutting came rushing back, I started cutting again that day and I still am. I had listened to that music so much when I would cut that I immediately associated cutting when I heard it. I didn't start cutting again just because of the music though, but it really played a major role.

• 3 weeks later...