Need advice from shy females

If a guy speaks to a girl (like says "hi"), but he never really has done before, and she kind of puts her head down and to the side but looks up with her eyes (ie like a puppy dog eyes) and says "hello" after like a second gap, would that be typical of a shy girl? And maybe also if she looks a bit red and has a smile on her face.

The response didn't feel like 2 neutral people would have. If someone said Hi, I would say Hi back straight away with perhaps a smile and it would just seem friendly, and natural, but her response seemed either like she was shy (hence the bowing of head but keeping the eyes looking up, and the gap where she could be thinking like "!"), or she thaught I was an idiot (ie. "how dare he talk to me!? Who does he think he is...").

Is bowing of the head with eyes up and a smile, and thinking before responding, something shy girls do? She looked a bit red, but she could of been red anyway.

If a girl sees you looking at her, she gets all shy, especially if she likes you. So that means she can hold you gaze for a long time. I think she likes you. Not all girls go red, I don't, I just get a wee smile on my face!

xxx