My friend's gf is driving me insane

My best friend (Mark) has been dating this girl named Lauren for the past 5 months. She is kind of weird (on anti-depressants, really clingy, kind of controlling) and imposes all these restrictions on him - he can't see a lot of his female friends, he can't drink, he can't cuss, he can't smoke, etc...she's talked about marriage, moving in with him (after they'd been dating for 2 months), all this other crap. He's totally wrapped around her little finger. He's gotten to where he'll invite us to go out with him, but will drop us as soon as she calls. If she doesn't feel like going out he'll stay in to keep her company. He used to make fun of some of his friends for being whipped, but he's much worse...Its really starting to put a strain on my friendship with him. I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily jealous, but the fact that I can't see him without her being present is *really* starting to annoy me. He claims that he loves her, but every time I talk to him he ends up complaining non-stop about her. I really think they should break up, I don't think the relationship can last and that it'd be better to get it over now and not waste time with it...I really don't know what to tell him, but I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to see either of them. I know it sounds greedy, but if you saw the crap he does you'd understand. Basically I just need some advice. What should I do? He knows he's whipped, but he doesnt care...

Hiya dude !!

First of all, you should tell him you missed him the week-end and you missed him as a friend cause hes not here anymore. Then asked him what he would be without his girlfriend and who would be there for him.

I think this is the most simple way without dissin' the girl...

peace

Jeff l. Spiegel