I don't know what to do anymore

hotmail

I am lucky to have many different friends, many of which are really good nice people. For some reason though, I am attached to this group of friends who as a group don't treat me well. Me and a friend fell out and the rest of the group were closer to him, although I am still friends with them individually, they often do things without including me and don't make much effort with me.

The thing is I have so many friends outside this crowd and so it shouldn't be so hard for me to spend time with other people. But I am just so attached to these people and I don't know what to do. Some of these friends in the group are good friends individually and some of them are my oldest friends, and so even though I am a sociable person and I can make new friends easily I am still so torn up over these ones and get so hurt every time something happens

I know the answer should be just leave them and focus on the good friends you have but its easier said than done, especially because we all go to the same places and have so many friends interlinked

Any help would be appreciated!

I have been in your shoes....as hard as it was to make a change, I walk away from a few groups of friends. It was a healthy choice, I have to be with people who would effect me in a more positive way. You have simply out grown your friends. Sentimentality is what is keeping you are with them......you can do better, trust me.

Archived