I really like this guy..

I really like this guy, and I think he likes me too. We talk everday and have been chatting on IRQ for a about a week now. The other night, we went out for drinks with our mutual friends. I got really drunk and he only had a few drinks, but I told him I really like him, and he said he really likes me, but the thing is he just got out of a 7 year relationship, and is not looking for anything long term. I am looking for a long term relationship, and I have talked to him and told him its ok if he doesnt want a relationship, we can just hang out and be friends, he agreed. Does that mean he was just looking for sex, or a rebound, had I not confessed while I was drunk? If he is, I dont think I can handle that. He invited me to a party that he is throwing next week, how do I face him? Or should I just avoid him completely, he is a really sweet guy, and I dont want to lose him as a friend and yet I cant turn off my feelings for him. Help!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have talked to him and told him its ok if he doesnt want a relationship, we can just hang out and be friends, he agreed. Does that mean he was just looking for sex,

Hi Asia,

Well it looks to me like the one wondering about sex is you... from his response it does not seem that sex is all he is after. You two agreed to hang out and be friends and since you know he is not looking for a relationship but you are, then continue to date other guys too. Treat this one as a friend, until something else happens.

I don't think you should worry too much about what you said while you were drunk, just remember not to get drunk again when you are with him.

Have fun...and don't do anything you don't feel like doing. I would suggest you don't bring up the sex topic until he makes some kind of sexual move.. that is the perfect time to say " No, I don't have sex outside an exclusive relationship"

@ Muneca

What are you talking about Muneca? That makes no sense at all!!!!

Just kidding - I agree with your assessment of the situation. Hmmm, you better look up in the sky as I believe those are pigs flying by. What's going on? Next thing you know I'll be agreeing with Annie24 lol.

@ Asia

Do not feel you have to do anything that you are not comforatble with

Well, he told me the next morning that, if he had been alone with me, it would have not been good, and when I was drunk, I remember him telling me that I looked so yummy and that he wanted to take me somewhere where we could be alone ...(if you catch my drift). And also he had asked me if I wanted to go out with his him and his friends for more drinks after. He wanted to show me off to his friends. I just get the feeling that he just wants to sleep with me, as well as just have me as a trophy girlfriend. Am I being paranoid? I am not sure what to do, he is really nice and sweet. I have not met a guy like this in a LONG time, but I know if I do date him its not going to go anywhere as he is looking for a short term relationship (whatever that means! ). Should we just get to know each other as friends? Please help.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What you do.. or don't do rather is anything that you are not comfortable with.

If you want a relationship and he is not interested in one you can still date him, but date other guys too. He might change his mind... or not.. that's why it's important to keep your options open. If you close yourself to only him you will be disappointed if he does not change his mind.

So let him treat you nice and take you out...and don't get drunk again when you're with him .