Getting back together

AnnG33

My ex and I broke up about 5 months ago. We lived together, I moved out right away. We have pretty much kept in contact the whole time. The longest we have gone without talking is 17 days. This period of no contact was recently. We have been back in contact for about a week and a half. I ended up texting him. We have hung out a few times but when we hang out he is agreeable as long as we don't talk about the previous relationship because in the past when we have hung out we have always ended up talking about what happened. I am okay with this as I am tired of talking about the past as well. I really want us to get back together, I have so many feelings and I'm still madly in love with him. Well tonight when we were hanging out I made a comment about him not liking me and not wanting to get back together. He said well of course I like you, but made no comment about the getting back together part. He also told me that he thinks we should back off from hanging out so much because he is worried I'll get too attached. When I asked if I've done anything recently to make him think this he said "no, I just know how you can get." What does that mean? Basically the question I want to know is what do I need to do to win his heart back? I know it's ultimately up to God but there has to be something I can do to help him see that I've changed and that I will not be that jealous GF again because it's miserable and I wouldn't want to lose the love of my life ever again.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!

Archived