Im worried about my future friendship with her.

Coldplayy

i posted not long ago about how i am falling for my female friend. its a incredibley messed up situation to be honest. But im falling for her all the same. An example of what worries me is today we were together and i was helping her pick cloths out and she wanted my opinion because she knows ill be dead honest and critical about it. I am adamant she thinks of me as a friend but i cant help but still feel attracted to her. And im worried about the future of our friendship because if i can help it i dont want to lose her. I am young. 19. shes 18 so maybe i dont have enough life experience to know how to deal with this situation. She is going to university in september and she wont be at home and shes the type of outgoing person who can make new friends easily and i dont want to be forgotten as we are so close and shes someone i can be open and honest with no matter what . I cant deal with the fact that i may lose contact with her. I want to be honest with her but i feel like i have to take time to sort through all this before i do. Idealy if i were to cut contact with her now it would save me a world of hurt. But i work with her as well so that is a complication with ending the friendship before it gets worst. So to sum up my questions and concerns.

Should i end it now?

Should i be honest with her?

What does she think of me?

Is it possible i genuinely love her? (never felt feelings as strong as these about a girl before)

Should i wait and see what happens over the coming months?

This is becoming really real fast. Shes perfect. Smart, Confident, Witty, knows what she wants in life, ambitious, adventurous, just straight up adorable and sexy. Little bit of B i t c h to be honest but shes not like that with me and when shes like that to others its so god damn hot.

It would probably be good to examine why this turns you on so much:

Little bit of B i t c h to be honest but shes not like that with me and when shes like that to others its so god damn hot.

Any chance you could go to the same university she is attending? Long-distance relationships during the college years are tough and fraught with problems. It might be best to keep in touch with her as a friend but date other people, live your life, etc. Maybe after college something could happen. Very scary to leave things to fate like that, though. Your instinct is probably going to be to tell her how you feel so she at least knows, but it's hard to say if that strategy will work -- in the short run or the long one. I'd go to a quiet place and think about this for a while. Whatever you do, you want it to be authentic and you want to be prepared for any outcome.

UPDATE: We have been together for like 8 hours and idk if im overthinking it but i feel the tension. Like when we drive and complain about all our friends teasing us. And we say nothing will ever happen. But everytime its brought up because there is always a new story to tell about our nosey friends. The tension if thats an appropriate word, never existed before we would brush it off immediatly now i always feel a little awkwardness that lasts a little longer each time. and its because ive come closer to her than all the other guys that try and talk to her so when shes a to them i enjoy it and its just hot as anything.

its because ive come closer to her than all the other guys that try and talk to her so when shes a to them i enjoy it and its just hot as anything.

Oh, yeah -- if you're talking about the way she's treating other guys, that makes total sense then

She obviously likes you, at least in the "good friend," "someone to talk to" way. Do you think she feels the same tension you are feeling? As the year progresses, her upcoming departure to university could add to that tension and, if you wait, perhaps SHE will be the first to broach the subject of romance.

Best of luck

Shes the type of person to take control and make the first move. Which is what im hoping for. The game plan was always to think with my head not my d i c k like every other guy does and so far its working out in my favor in terms of how close we have become over other people. Recently our friendship has been affected by a 3rd friend who is her close friend of 2 years who is jealous. She has only been my friend for 3 months. And we were together one day and she flat out said. I love my friend but i dont care i can be friends with who i want. To me if my friendship was the longer one. id pick that person if it came to that. Got to stay loyal. Im also a guy so thats like a bro code thing i guess. Idk how girls see it. But if my friendship was at stake with my friend of 2 years i wouldnt keep the other around. So why is she keeping me around and persisting that we be friends so much despite all the crap we both put up with. There has been more than one occurance where this friend has made it clear she is jealous and it doesnt even phase her and we stay close still

Archived