How can we become more than just friends?

I went out with this girl today, for the first time, first time I met her even. We've been talking online a lot recently and I feel I've gotten to know her really well.

At the moment we are just friends though, I asked if she wanted to go out again next week, and she said yes. But how can I turn things into more than just going out as friends, as I am sure she likes me too.

I am in the same situation. I say just spend alot of time with her get to know each other, then maybe make plans to take her to a movie and out to eat and then ask how are things between you and her. If good ask her out. But it does sound like she likes you or is beginning to have feelings because she's gone out with you and you and her have been talking alot which you said. Anyway good luck.

She still doesn't seem to be over her ex though and she's even said to me that she doesn't want anyone else but him (bearing in mind that we are just friends).

Then you make her change her mind

Dont worry about the ex. As long as you can get her interested, you'll be fine. If you need more info on how to do so, feel free to PM.