She does not wear any rings on her fingers

The best way is to talk to her, b/c I don't wear a ring & have a bf. However, I know some who wear rings but are also single as well. However, there will be some people who do not mention about their gf/bf unless you ask them straightout or hint at it regardless especially if you are a stranger to her.

Well I am not single and sometimes I wear rings, and sometimes not. They are from my parents, or ones I bought, or from friends in the past

I never wear one on my wedding ring finger though, that is for when I actually am engaged/married!

Talk to her and she'll let you know whether she is attached or not, or you could ask her after a couple conversations if she is.

Yeah, i agree with what the others have said, just talk to her and you will probably find out.

Alternatively, you could try the old cliched way of finding out (and i dont reccommend this, but try it if you like).... Wait until she says something funny or unusual about herself or her life and then laugh and say "What does your bf think of that?".

Of course, if she doesnt notice how cliched that is, doesnt have a bf and you have the guts then you could probably move that into something like "What? You dont have a bf? Well, i guess im just gonna have to ask you out then, would you like to join me for a coffee after school?"

Good luck mate!