How do I get my boyfriend to be more affectionate

Also, when I do hug him (for example), he will start tickling me or something...it's like he can't be serious about it. What can I do to help him change.

I have no advice about this, but I'm in a similar situation.

My girlfriend of almost 3 years has gradually lost all interest in anything sexual. For example, when we kiss and I try to get it extend it into some making out, she will blow air into my mouth and laugh or something like that.

Well, I hate to say it, but you may just need a different partner. Some people are more affectionate by nature. I've dated guys that weren't into holding hands, and guys that couldn't keep their hands off of me. Both were intimate, long lasting relationships, but they were with different types of people. I prefer the more affectionate. But some people just aren't into all of that. If he's never been very affectionate, then it is probably just the way he is. And you can't really change that. The only thing you can change is your response to it. You can accept it, that is the way it will be with him. Or you could look for a partner that is as affectionate as you are. Good luck.

Well, I somewhat agree with jabean on that one... But maybe you should try talking to him about it first.

Sure, it may be awkward... but maybe by mentioning it to him, you'll get what you wanted.

At first he may need a little prodding, some people, by nature, aren't affectionate.

If he's one of those types... and you need to be shown affection... you should maybe find someone else.

I hope everything works out

Well, I hate to say it, but you may just need a different partner.

I agree. My boyfriend is extremely affectionate--he likes cuddling, holding hands, etc. as much as possible--which works for me! Even when we're at the supermarket, he comes up behind me and puts his chin on my shoulder. It's awesome.

You need someone who needs to give and receive the same amount of affection as you do.