Break Up After 14 years <z3

changeiscoming

April 22nd 2016 will be 14 years with my GF. After so much (post in infidelity) I have mustered the strength to leave. I found an apartment and signed the rental agreement. My GF begged for me not to leave, tells me things I've done and why she's been unfaithful and why I should stay. Tells me i'm not fair... yet my intuition tells me to leave.

I lost the apartment because I took 1 extra day to think it over and someone else took it. I feel half torn between leaving & staying.

Has anyone else left a difficult situation and can provide advice when you feel this way what to do?

Yes I have been in a similar situation. I got out. I knew nothing would change and I was just prolonging my misery by staying. Yes it was hard, yes it hurt, yes it took a good amount of time to heal; the only thing I would do differently if I could go back would be leaving sooner than I did! Find another apartment today if possible, hand over the rent and sign the lease. You can stay, but you will only waste more time and be kicking yourself years later. She won't get counseling and doesn't even take responsibility for her behavior. You have no idea if she's cheating and you just haven't found out, and you haven't been intimate for over 4 years now? What is it that makes you hang on to this? If nothing else, the begging and pleading ought to be a huge turnoff...

Hopefully by April 22nd you aren't together anymore. I have read your story and my heart just breaks for you. I cannot imagine being treated that way and still in the end she tries to put the blame on you, that is absolutely terrible. She does not deserve you and please do not give in to her desperate attempts to get you to stay. She is still trying to control you, it's just sad. You deserve to get your life back. You have wasted enough time on this girl.

Archived