well i have a problem. i basically have little to no life and i am starting to hate it. i have alot of friends in school but none of them ever ask me to hang out on the weekend and i never wanna ask to hangout with them cause i am the kinda person that hates to be clingy. How can i get them to hangout on the weekends? I hate sitting home all day.

i hear ya man. it's like some sort of barrier between you and the social world. you need to like, find out what that border is. i realized mine was part parents, social ability, and flat out self-esteem.

i hate sitting home all day too. but hey, u need to call someone, i guess. i should prolly be calling my girlfriend more often. we need to go on a date. i don't know her...

**think about what i just said.

i said i really needed to get to know her. that's my state of mind. i haven't really carried it out like i really want to. there's like a soft window between us. we can see each other. an occasional conversation can be carried out when the window breaks. but if we got to know each other more, there could either be nothing in between us, or a wall.

almost the same with friends. all u gotta do is hang out with them when u can. it's hard for me too, but try to be where the attention is at sometime. shy guys like me have a tough time at that.....

btw, really important. ever think of what the meaning of life is? u think u have no meaning.

i basically have no life....

u need to find yourself. talk to someone. not a friend, it may be too much to handle. as in they might think your not too straight.

anyways, i found the meaning of my life from a priest. my church's priiest, of course. they know a lot.

anyways, my priest once asked me:

"So what do you think you live for? What's your purpose to life?"

me: **had a dumbstruck look on my face then he said:

"many people have their own opinion. but when i ask people this question, my best response so far has been: 'i think the meaning of life is just to live doing what you want to do the most, whether it be for others or yourself.'"

he later added:

"so what do you think you like to do the most"

me: 'Listen to music'

him: "and so you pursue your life to listen to music and whatever else my revolve around it"

today i play the guitar and saxaphone. i love to play on the guitar cause i listened to rock all the time.

He said more than this, however i must go on:

i, as he said, pursued my life as a person music lover. who knows, maybe that means i come alive during parties. it seems to happen most then. it sparked a lot of the first things i've done in my life: dance, talk a lot more than usual, stay up so late it's not even early in the morining it's like friggin afternoon and i really could care less about what happens when i fall asleep on the ride home.

those kinds of things are fun.

so take a look at yourself and think: what do i like and how does my social life go with it?

there are deffinately more than one thing u will like, and deffinately more than one way they can go with your social life. i also like soccer, basketball, tennis, video games, just hangin out by the lake on vacation with some old friends.

but now i'm back on topic. hangin out with some old friends of mine. how did that happen?

one day we just met and became friends since then. tons of things to do on vacation near a lake. i think i'll invite my old friends to go on a tube ride or something fun on the lake.

i guess in the end it depends on where you're at and what you can do with it. my riends that are closer to home hang out at the library. not inside. just playing football outside. can't join them. i've got a parental barrier blocking me. gotta work around it.

sorry this post was so long. if you've read it this far, have a nice life. ttyl

And ask them to hang out if you want to. It's not clingy, you just don't feel like it because your self-image sucks.

i basically have no life...
. They probably are ok with hanging out, people just don't like being around insecure people I guess , that's why you have to hang with people who don't care if you are because most insecure people have a good sense of humor.