hurting because of a friend

to cut a long story short,i fancied my long time friend.i told her how i felt about her,and she said she liked me but as a friend.fair enough,and there are no obvious changes in our friendship.we are like we were before.

she came round my house last week to watch some DVDs with me and a friend.we had a good time,but ive been really upset this week.

i guess i still really like her but im not sure that is the issue.i can live with the fact that we are just friends.the actual issue is that i dont think we are very close.

this isnt normally a concern for me,im not that close to many of my friends,but with her is different.she has been hurt before,,and i guess i wanted to be close to her to protect her.i guess that is where my liking for her started.

the fact that we are not that close should mean that i should move on ok without her when im off to university.but thinking of university has revealed to me my shortcomings.im still quite shy(its got better)and not very close to people,even my friends.to top it off,i aint been in a proper relationship.

ive come really far in terms of confidence,yet i feel like i havent even begun.

will it do me good to tell my friend how im feeling?

any advice on the other issues?

thanks for any advice.

I think you have handled rejection quite well, so that means that you are not that much inconfident as you think you are.

I think you should set a goal, such as going to university at this poijnt of your life, acquiring your goal will make you feel more confidence about yourself and will improve your self-esteem.

Don't bother yourself with the girl, keep on your life, set a goal and achieve it, it will make you feel better!

You've handled your rejection very well, as much strife as you've made, I would talk to your friends. It took me a long time before I came out of my shy state. It was due to the realization of what I had become. Someone who has fear, where no fear is needed. Anyway, talk to your friends because I am sure that they will have much needed advice. Good luck!